Radiation Exposure Compensation Act (RECA) Claims Assistance

Requirements for Claims by Downriders | $50,000

Are you eligible for compensation? If you or a family member worked at a facility which manufactured, tested or processed uranium or other radioactive materials used in atomic weapons and became ill, you may be entitled to compensation of up to $50K. For RECA claims assistance, contact our counsel at 1-800-548-4494 or fill out our free claim evaluation. We can still offer help if you’ve already filed, even if your claim was denied!

  1. Physical presence at any place within the “affected area” downwind of the Nevada Test Site (NTS); i.e.: (a) Utah (Counties of Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane, Millard, Piute, San Juan, Sevier, Washington, Wayne); (b) Nevada (Counties of Eureka, Lander, Lincoln, Nye, White Pine, portions of Clark (Townships 13-16 at Ranges 63-71)); or Arizona (Counties of Apache, Coconino, Gila, Navajo, Yavapai, area north of the Grand Canyon (the northern portion of Mojave County, or “Arizona Strip”));
  2. Exposure: Must have been physically present (resided or worked) within the “affected area” for at least two (2) years between Jan. 21, 1951 and Oct. 31, 1958, or for the entire continuous period between June 30 and July 31, 1962; and
  3. Written medical documentation that you thereafter developed a specified compensable disease: Leukemia other than chronic lymphocytic leukemia, provided onset was at least 2 years after first exposure to fallout; or the following diseases, provided onset was at least 5 years after first exposure: Multiple Myeloma, Lymphomas (other than Hodgkin’s Disease), Primary Cancer of the: Thyroid, Male or female breast, Esophagus, Stomach, Pharynx, Small intestine, Pancreas, Bile Ducts, Gall Bladder, Salivary Gland, Urinary Bladder, Brain, Colon, Ovary, Liver (provided there is no indication of the presence of hepatitis B or cirrhosis), or Lung